Monmouth County, New Jersey is home to some of the most beautiful beaches on the east coast. With miles of pristine coastline, crystal clear waters, and soft white sand, Monmouth County’s beaches are a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. In this article, we will explore some of the top beaches in Monmouth County.
- Sandy Hook Beach: Located at the northern tip of Monmouth County, Sandy Hook Beach is a 7-mile stretch of white sand and clear blue water. This beach is part of the Gateway National Recreation Area and is home to a variety of activities, including swimming, fishing, hiking, and birdwatching. Visitors can also explore the historic Fort Hancock, a former military installation that now serves as a museum and cultural center.
- Long Branch Beach: This popular beach is located in the heart of Monmouth County and features a wide range of amenities, including showers, restrooms, and food vendors. Long Branch Beach is also home to Pier Village, a vibrant retail and entertainment complex that offers shopping, dining, and nightlife options.
- Sea Bright Beach: This small, yet picturesque beach is located at the northern end of Monmouth County and offers stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking on the soft sand, or explore the nearby Sea Bright Fish Company, a local seafood restaurant and market.
- Asbury Park Beach: This iconic beach is located in the heart of Asbury Park and is known for its lively boardwalk, eclectic dining options, and vibrant nightlife scene. Visitors can enjoy swimming, surfing, and sunbathing on the beach, or explore the many shops, restaurants, and bars that line the boardwalk.
- Belmar Beach: This family-friendly beach is located in the southern part of Monmouth County and features a wide range of amenities, including playgrounds, volleyball courts, and picnic areas. Belmar Beach is also home to the popular Shark River Inlet, a popular spot for fishing and boating.
- Manasquan Beach: This scenic beach is located in the town of Manasquan and is known for its tranquil atmosphere and natural beauty. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and fishing on the beach, or explore the nearby Manasquan River, a popular spot for kayaking and paddle boarding.
In addition to these top beaches, Monmouth County is also home to several smaller, hidden gems that are worth exploring. These include Point Pleasant Beach, Avon-by-the-Sea Beach, and Bradley Beach, all of which offer stunning natural beauty, tranquil surroundings, and a wide range of recreational activities.
In conclusion, Monmouth County’s beaches are some of the most beautiful and diverse on the east coast. Whether you’re looking for a lively boardwalk, a secluded cove, or a family-friendly beach with plenty of amenities, Monmouth County has something for everyone. So why not plan a day trip or weekend getaway and explore all that these stunning beaches have to offer?